POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Gyroscope set in gimbel rings [~860K MPG] : Gyroscope set in gimbel rings [~860K MPG] Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:32:40 EDT (-0400)
  Gyroscope set in gimbel rings [~860K MPG]
From: Hughes, B
Date: 22 Mar 2004 00:30:42
Message: <405e7a02@news.povray.org>
Still not sure what way is best to render this so it looks a little awkward.
I used the Colefax clock modifier for the start delay and I probably
shouldn't. The disk rotation is confusing this way. Although it does loop,
it isn't pretty in WMP if the player doesn't get complete control.

Hope you'll enjoy it anyhow. Took 3 hours 18 minutes to render at this
resolution and 150 frames, which could have been faster were it not for the
camera focal blur. I thought it gave it a sense of slow motion without
having to use MegaPOV 0.7 object blurring. Oh, and if anyone is going to ask
how the alignments of the rings were done... it was haphazard guesswork and
more time than I figured on. Might be better explained by seeing the script
itself so I'm willing to post it if asked.

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com

Post a reply to this message